Kindle A Project.
Welcome to Kindling Content!
You are about to join a global movement to create participatory events that ignite connections in alignment with Burning Man Project’s 10 Principles. This is Kindling. We are delighted that you see yourself here and we are eager to see how the world engages with your experience.
A Few Things To Know Before You Start
Start by reviewing our Kindling Criteria for Website Events.
Next, to help yourself prepare, you can Preview the Form. To make your life easier we’ve even added an essentials checklist.
If you’re ready, you can now submit a Kindling Content Form!
Questions or need support? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to help.
We’re excited to see what you’re working on!
Thank you for creating an experience to share with the Multiverse!
Criteria for Kindling Website Events.
Through Kindling, participants will discover three kinds of events, broadly speaking: (1) events created entirely by others in our community; (2) events created or curated directly by Burning Man Project; and (3) events produced as a collaboration between Burning Man Project and others. We’ve established the following initial criteria to help evaluate if events are a good fit for Kindling in its current phase.
- Events should have a live, participatory element. This may range from fully immersive environments to something as simple as chat and Q&A, or a specific call to participatory action.
- Events need their own platform or home that Kindling can point to and help drive audiences to your content. As a contributor, you will be asked to provide a link to your content via Zoom, Twitch or whatever platform or technology it’s hosted on.
- Events are managed by their content providers. In this initial phase, the Kindling team will not be able to provide direct technology support, tech moderation, or content facilitation for events created by others.
- Events should offer a quality participant experience. This may be as simple as good lighting and a steady camera, or as elaborate as you care to create.
- Event content should demonstrate Burning Man’s impact in the world, expressing the values of the culture that has issued from the Burning Man event through engaging, creative, and inclusive experiences.
- Events should operate within reasonable community standards, as should anyone who participates in these events. Kindling will not publish any events that promote hate, discrimination, explicit sexual activity, graphic language, or other content that is not appropriate for all-ages participation.
- Events should be a decommodified experience. Kindling is a space for creative and participatory experiences, not commercial consumption and promotion. We value who you are, not what you have. In the spirit of Burning Man’s Decommodification Principle, Kindling will not promote events that are branded, sponsored, or fundamentally commercial in nature.
- Events should comply with Burning Man Project’s intellectual property policy, which limits the use of Burning Man’s most recognizable words, symbols, and designs in order to protect our community from commercial exploitation. Burning Man’s trademarks and copyrights should never be used to promote commercial events, brands, or products for sale. If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Please read the Kindling Terms of Service.
If your content seems like a good fit for Kindling, please use this Participation Form to tell us about when, where, and how the event will take place, and how people can connect with you further. We will email you within a few days of your submission to see if we are able to take next steps. Thank you so much for the wonderful work you do in the world!